UPCOMING EVENTS and READINGS:
Nov. 28: SLO Radio Collective Transmission Art Performance. The Slo Radio Collective is a group of audio artists and performers based in Southern Illinois who collaborate on the creation of long form works for listening. Slo Radio Paducah will be hosted at the Yeiser Art Center on Saturday 28th of November from 7-8:30 pm. Listeners are invited to watch the stream @ https://www.twitch.tv/sloradio where the performance will be streamed live.
JULY 16: Spalding at 21c: Voice and Vision Series; Virtual Reading with Lilly Cary, Dorian Hairston, Silas House, Jason Kyle Howard, Amelia Martens, and Gabe Tomlin. Katy Yocom emcees.
JUNE 7-13: Poetry Instructor, The Martha’s Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing (POSTPONED UNTIL 2021!!)
APRIL 28: An Evening with Local Writers, McCracken Co. Public Library, YouTube
MARCH 4-7: Exit 7 table, AWP, San Antonio, TX. (Cancelled)
FEBRUARY 9: Sundress Reading Series, Hexagon Brewing Co., Knoxville, TN.
- NOVEMBER 8-9: C.D. Wright Women Writer’s Conference, panelist. “Strange Horizons: A Feminist Speculative Poetry Reading (Creative Reading)” University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR.
- OCTOBER 4-5: Kentucky State Poetry Society Annual Conference, Reading and Literary Journal Panel, Lexington KY.
- OCTOBER 3: Recording interview with The Bluegrass Bookend that airs on WLXU 93.9 LP-FM through Lexington Community Radio at the Steam Academy in Lexington, Kentucky.
- MARCH 27-30: Exit 7 (table: T10085) AWP, Portland OR.
- MARCH 14: St. Ann Visiting Writers Series, Brescia University
- FEBRUARY 21: 2019 Al Smith KY Arts Council Fellowship Reading with Pamela Parker, Paducah School of Art and Design, 7pm
- NOVEMBER 10, Writer’s Block, Louisville Literary Arts
- JUNE 17-23: Poetry Instructor, The Martha’s Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing
- MAY 12: InKY Poetry Workshop, “Who’s on First: Persona Poems at Play”
- MAY 11: The InKY Reading Series, Featured Reading with Leesa Cross-Smith
- MARCH 7-10: Exit 7 (table: T1546) AWP, Tampa FL.
- NOVEMBER 10-11: Millikin Literary Festival
- OCTOBER 4: Craft Talk and Reading, the University of Cincinnati Clermont
- OCTOBER 3: Carnegie Center’s Kentucky Great Writers Series
- JULY 9-15: Poetry Instructor, The Martha’s Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing
- JUNE 12: Poetry Workshop Instructor, “The Pliable Prose Poem”, @ Open Books: A Poem Emporium (Seattle)
- APRIL 6: Reading with Robert Long Foreman @ 7pm, Left Bank Books, St. Louis, MO.
- FEBRUARY 8-11: Exit 7 (table #350-T) AWP, Washington DC
- FEBRUARY 8: Monster Mags of the Midwest: AWP off-site Reading, 9pm @Sixth Engine
- NOVEMBER 5: Writer’s Block, “Crossing Boundaries” Panel/Reading 2:30pm, with Erik Reese and B. Shatter, Louisville, KY
- NOVEMBER 4: Transylvania University; Reading @ 1:30pm in J. Douglas Gay Jr./Frances Carrick Thomas Library, Lexington, KY
- NOVEMBER 3: The Teen Howl Poetry Series at Morris Book Shop; Reading/Book Signing @6pm; Lexington, KY.
- OCTOBER 14-16: The Southern Festival of Books: A Celebration of the Written Word, Panel Sun. 2-3pm: “Exhilarating Highs and Terrifying Lows: Two Poets” with Tina Parker, Nashville, TN
- OCTOBER 6: Page and Palette Reading, Fairhope, AL
- SEPTEMBER 29: River City Revue Reading, Louisville, KY
- SEPTEMBER 27: Hoptown Reading Lecture, on the Auditorium Stage @ 12:15pm Hopkinsville Community & Technical College, Hopkinsville, KY
- SEPTEMBER 15: Spalding at 21c: Voice and Vision, 6PM at the 21c Museum Hotel, 700 West Main Street, Louisville, KY
- SEPTEMBER 9: University of Alabama at Huntsville, Reading and Print Show with Michael Crouse , The Union Grove Gallery; hosted by the Department of Art, Art History 4:30-6:30pm
- SEPTEMBER 8: Nitty Gritty Magic City Reading Series, Birmingham, AL.
- JULY 13: Murray State University Low Residency MFA, Art of the Chapbook Panel and Reading http://racernationinformation.com/2016/05/26/murray-state-university-master-of-fine-arts-program-announces-guest-writers-for-july-2016-reading-series/
- JULY 3: Malaprop’s Bookstore/Cafe; Poetrio Reading Series @ 3pm. Asheville, NC. http://www.malaprops.com/about-us
- JUNE 16: Pages & Pints Summer Poetry Sampler, Apollo Pizza @ 7pm, Richmond KY https://www.facebook.com/events/896146117198110/
- JUNE 4-8: Indiana University Writers’ Conference; teaching a class (MicroMacro: The Prose Poem as the Best Nest), reading, poetry panel; Bloomington, IN. discussion. http://www.iuwc.indiana.edu
- JUNE 3: Fountain Square Poetry Series, Reading @5:30pm: Bloomington, IN. https://www.facebook.com/FountainSquarePoetrySeries/
- MAY 25: Holler Poets Series, @ Al’s Bar, Lexington, KY. https://www.facebook.com/events/1550830428546161/
- MAY 21: Book Signing and Prose Poem Pop-Up, 9am-11am @ Piper’s Tea and Coffee, Paducah KY: https://www.facebook.com/events/100958323656241/
- MAY 4: Prose Poem Group Reading @ 6pm-8pm, Porchlight Coffee, Capitol Hill, Seattle WA. https://www.facebook.com/events/1547755612191212/
- APRIL 28: Queen Anne Book Company; Reading with Poet Hannah Faith Notess @7pm. Seattle, WA. http://www.qabookco.com/event/poetry-reading
- APRIL 21, IU Bloomington Workshop Visit
- APRIL 22-23: Southern Kentucky Book Fest and Panel Presentation; WKU. http://sokybookfest.org
- APRIL 11: West Kentucky Community & Technical College; Reading/Book Signing @11am in Matheson Library. http://westkentucky.kctcs.libguides.com/c.php?g=135782
- APRIL 8 @ 6pm: Book Release Party for The Spoons in the Grass are There to Dig a Moat: Bricolage Art Collective– 107 Market House Square, Paducah KY. https://www.facebook.com/events/1679818342258715/
- MARCH 30-APRIL 2: AWP Conference and Bookfair; Book signing at Sarabande’s booth (#513) for The Spoons in the Grass Are There to Dig a Moat (Thurs. 3/31 @3pm), and stop by EXIT 7’s table (#412) to check out our new issue and chat! https://www.awpwriter.org/awp_conference/overview